… shit has been busy. yes, i know i proclaimed back here that year was going to be less busy, but at the moment it’s not working out like that. for good reason too. some things i’ve been up to:
* my trip to sydney for the opening of megan morton’s ‘the school‘. we were treated to a class on how to make flowerbombs with hollie hipwell. as you would expect from MM the school is nothing short of perfect, and the class was super dooper fun (and pretty). i got to meet lexi there too which was equally as fun. also in sydney, i also visited my friend Di’s beautiful place for breakfast (teal wall, cerise couch – how could i not take a sneaky photo?).
* it was easter and school holidays. i failed miserably at holidays this time. yes we did a few things: attending sebo’s annual easter egg hunt was one, but i was light-on with the organisation of playdates and other activities to amuse tyke. he would have happily spent his whole holidays on his ipod and playing minecraft, and even though this was a tempting solution for me too, i just could not watch that happen (much), so spent a lot of my time throwing non-screen suggestions his way while i madly wrote emails and scrambled through deadlines. not fun, for either of us.
* raph was on the circle! although this will come as no surprise to some – raph has been getting press left right and centre lately. between the melbourne magazine’s top 100, articles in the finincial review and pretty much any other type of printed matter he has been a downright media whore in the past 12 months. thank-god he works hard and his food is delicious and all the hype is well-deserved.
* new tee-shirt samples of prints i made for irony summer collection arrived. they look so nice. i love japanese printing so much.
* massive amounts of activity in the studio – cleaning, organising, cutting, painting, photographing.. all for the good reason i was talking of above. my big news (drumroll) - i’m working on a book! a big book. not just showing my work, more showing how i work, and other things too. it’s exciting/stressful/amazing/overwhelming all at once, and needless to say taking up a lot of my time, so please do excuse me if blog posts are few and far between the next few months. i’ll try and keep updated as much as possible (and if not, there’s always my instagrid. apparently instagram is the new blog anyway)
one more thing: i’m speaking at field trip on friday. as per usual, the thought of public speaking is making me want to vomit, and i’m kicking myself for agreeing to do it, but even if i suck the i the conference will be amazing. tickets available here.